We all want a nice quick easy fix that will make our homes more calming and welcoming. Well here is your must-do list that shouldn’t take you much time or money!
· Repaint the walls: Giving your home a fresh lick of paint, to cover scratches and marks, will instantly breathe life into your home.
· Re-arrange your furniture: Why not try moving your sofa away from your walls and give yourself a new perspective on life.
· Re-organise or re-hang your art: Balancing your photos and pictures will instantly lift your room.
· Change your cushion covers, add a new throw. This is a quick easy way to introduce some colour and texture.
· Introduce a new colour: This can be done with fabric, as above, by re-painting entirely or by painting an accent wall.
· Bring in / change plants / flowers: Get rid of any dead or dying flowers or plants. Adding a structural plant will literally add life, and much needed oxygen!
· De-clutter: Live as minimally as possible and keep bits and bobs and knick knacks out of sight. Reducing clutter will make you feel calmer, as well as looking better.
· Add or change an area rug: This can highlight the area, adding texture and colour.
· Buy some new bed linen and fresh towels: Nothing beats the feel of new linens and towels, plus changing up colours can change the look of your bedroom and bathroom.
· Paint a piece of furniture: It’s surprising how great a piece of rickety old furniture can look after a lick of paint.